Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Bonnie

Bonnie S and Loretta J

Email: bellereb@yahoo.com

Location: I left my home in new orleans and went to my parents in mississippi. We got hit with the full brunt of katrina there. I now live in Phoenix Arizona. Not sure where I will be in a year.

Household: Bonnie (49) Loretta (32) and my dog Andouille

Situation: I moved to Phoenix after Katrina. I drove myswelf out of MS after I got my $2000 from FEMA and found an apt here. The first 3 months were rent free and the second 3 months were half price. We now pay the full price of $975.00. Loretta is trying to find a decent job. I am on disability.

Living situation: Condo

Help: Rental assistance from FEMA

Needs: Any cleaning supplies. We get food stamps but they don't cover the cleaning supplies or paper products.
Winter clothes
There are 2 women. One is a 24 to 26 size and the other is a 20 to 22Shop at target and walmart.
We could use some baking pans and a roaster.
Casserole dishes.
We could use feminine supplies.

12/9
Hey Yall,YEAH!!!!! Loretta and I were adopted today. What is so amazing is she is also a Katrina survivor. It makes us feel even more blessed. There is hope out there for us all. Thanks are not enough all we can do now is thank everyone on our behalf,Bonnie and Loretta
Note from Leslie - One person can make all the difference in the world! But it does take more than 1 to make sure a family or couple truly recovers and isn't just surviving. Great news - with more needed!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home