Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Katie

Katie, Caleb, and Mauricio
Email: - Kluv2prty@yahoo.com
Location: - Hastings, NebraskaNumber in Household: - Katie, 23, Caleb, 2, Mauricio, 24
Situation: Hi, My name is Katie and I am the mother of the best 2 year old little boy. We went through soo much last year. Mauricio and I decided to was best to give our 2nd son up for adoption in June. It was what is best for him and we dont regret doing it. I lost my grandfather in July - he raised me. The hurricanes hit in August. We spent last Thanksgiving and Christmas in a hotel. Caleb got No presents last year for Christmas.
It has been hard for us to get on our feet.
Current Living Arrangements: - an apartment we are renting
Help: - FEMA
Needs: We need help getting Caleb toys that will help with his reading and speaking skills. He has a speech delay that we are getting help for him, but any toys that enhance his speech skills are so important.
Mauricio and I want to get married, Christmas or March - and any kind of help with wedding stuff would be appreciated. We also need help with the rent for December and January. Mauricio cooks for the college here and when they have off so does he. So we are nervous about rent and electricity!!

Christmas decorations for the house to make it seem more festive.

11/25
I'm really worried. Rent is coming due, we don't have the money and Mauricio will be laid off from the university for Winter Break. I don't know what we'll be doing for money during that time! Can anyone help?

I sent Katie information on TANF, LIHEAP, and single parent resources to hopefully find a steady source of assistance. But anything anyone can help with would be greatly appreciated. Email her if you can help her.
Leslie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home