Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Toni L-M

Toni L-M.; Craig, Clarence, Ciara, Bubba & Antonio; 2 dogs

Email: mooretonitc@yahoo.com
Situation: We lived in Metairie,La pre Katrina, we lost our house & everything in it.(5feet of water &a tornado took the roof off) We evacuated to Texas, then ended up in Lebanon, TN. We just recently moved back to Metairie, La in October. We plan on staying here.
Number in Household: We are a family of 6, my hubby Craig 47, Clarence 15(son), Ciara8(daughter), Bubba 6(son) & Antonio 6 1/2mos (son), we also have 2 German Shepard's, Tupac & Diamond. And of course myself Toni!
Situation: The past year has been very challenging since the hurricane. We lost everything, including our jobs & everything we owned. We also found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after the hurricane. We had been trying for 3 months prior to the hurricane. We kept our faith & by the GRACE of GOD we have made it. The people in TN were very king, but after I had the baby I got very depressed & everything kind of hit me at once. My family was all back home in New Orleans & I was missing them. My husband did not have the great job, I wasn't working because of post partum depression. We made a decision & moved back home. We are both working now, but it is still a struggle. The rent is so high here. We did not have insurance & but were grateful to get the few dollars we received from FEMA.
We have never struggled like this before living check to check, it is real hard.
I just hope & pray the kids can have a CHRISTmas this year. They really don't understand what has happened. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad??
We are living in a house in Metairie, La.

We need the following:
Paper products:
paper towels, paper plates, toilet paper,
Cleaning supplies: ANY KIND
Household supplies: spoons, light bulbs, garbage can, kitchen table & chairs
Clothing:

size 5-6 boys ;
size 14 girls;
34 waist mens, XL shirt mens;
any baby boy clothes 9-12 months.
We mainly shop at WALMART or KMART


1/13
Thank you & everyone for all the prayers. We are still here in the hospital, Ocshner Hospital in Metairie, La. Antonio was diagnosed Monday with RSV, they sent him home with an Albuterol inhaler, but by him being 8 months old, he did not respond well to the treatment. I brought him to the doctor on Tuesday morning & he gave him a nebulizer to do breathing treatments with Albuterol every 2 hours. By Tuesday night he was lethargic & could barley breathe. I brought him to the ER & they kept trying to get his oxygen levels up because they were very low. The treatments would not work, they then put him on an oxygen tank & continued the breathing treatments every 2 hours. They admitted him & we have been here ever since. He is eating & drinking now, but still having trouble breathing on his own. He is still on the oxygen & breathing treatments, but now every 3 hours. His oxygen levels go up & down & he still retracts when breathing. We are at a stand still right now! Please pray for him & our family to stay strong.

Thank you & GOD bless,

Toni Labat- Moore

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home