Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Shannon W

Shannon W; Trey; Champ

Email: Bamaladyal @aol.com

Location: Bayou La Batre AL

Situation: Lost everything in Katrina. Now my dad is dying of cancer. Lost my job trying to take care of my dad. No hospice or anything like that around here.

Number in Household: - 3, Shannon, Trey, Shannon's mother (13), Champ (dog)

Needs
Clothes - My size is large shirt size 9/10 paints, size 7 shoes.
Mother - same size
Trey's sizes is small man, size18 boys paints,
Food - all non-perishable please and dry dog food for Champ
Household Items - Cookware, Bakeware, Plates, Silverwhere, all cleaning supplies
Bathroom supplies - Pull-ups for her mother - ulcerative cholitis that is no longer operable
gas or gas cards for trips to doctor.

11/1 Shannon's dad passed away about 6 months ago. Since then, she has had to take care of her mother, who has had 4 surgeries in recent weeks for ulcerative cholitis. Hospice is back in the area and assisting, but there is still so much that is needed.

Christmas is weighing heavily on her. Please consider assisting.

3/24 Just heard from Shannon - through IM:
hi .how have you been. just got dad home from hospital. things have really been tough. it is just a matter of time before he is going to be with the lord. i have made peace with it but its still hard
I still need everything for my home. well got to run got a small job got to do thank the lord.

2/4
We need everything bedding, bath things, cookware, plates, silverware just anything to go in a house - the house is fixed, so all we need are the things to live in it some to move back in.
Daddy is doing the same. Better than worse, I suppose.

1/14
Dear Leslie I got a small job. Just 3 hours a day. I just hope Daddy keeps doing better. The job in real close to my father - maybe 2 min. You know we have to drive to Mobile to the docter's - its about 60 miles round trip. Gas is getting hard to make, and so is food. I could use some gas giftcards and some walmart, CVS ,or Target giftcard for meds. I use walmart more. It is cheaper, but CVS is just 5min from my house.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home