Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Anna

Anna Hatch; Brittany L, Austin L

Email: annahatch@bellsouth.net

Location: - Vancleave MS before Katrina and now.

Number in Household: Anna, Female, 32; Brittany, Female, 14; Austin, Male, 12
Gucci, Female, (my little chihuahua); Milenko, Male, (the Ball Python) and Sasha, Female, (My BIG Golden Retriever who was left here after Katrina - and her owner never came back for her! So, I took her in!)

Situation: – We evacuated right before Katrina. They brought us a FEMA trailer last winter right before the first real cold spell.. and it was nice to have heat... but they took it several months ago.. so now we are back in our home.. and back to extra blankets and really quick showers!! brrr In a year I hope to be 1/2 way to a degree in Biotechnology and have the repairs we need taken care of!


I am a single mother of 2 who has never been able to collect child support.. so you can imagine how i struggle in even the most normal circumstances! I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast - We evacuated right before Katrina - to my Dad's house in Alabama.. not knowing for weeks if I even had a home to go back to! Luckily, I did.. along with the damages Katrina brought! I STILL don't have heat.. and have bad electrical problems!


We came home 6 weeks after Katrina - and started trying to put our lives back together.. but it's been one thing or another ever since!!
I have Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis... even at the age of 32 - which it makes it even harder!
I lost my job... and had to get another with MUCH lower pay and NO benefits.. have had car problems.. had our home phone shut off several times in the past year... and ALMOST had electricity turned off a couple of months! Bill collectors calling and all I can do is tell everyone I need more time! Not to mention the kids had to deal with whatever I was able to afford when their birthdays came around.. (which wasn't much, but they didn't ever show their disappointment! They know what I have been going through!)
2 months ago I found out my Dad had cancer again (for the 3rd time) and there was nothing else to do because it had spread all over! So I borrowed the money to get there... and he passed away less than a week after I got there! When I came home, I had to deal with the loss of my father as well as the bills and things (which I was now another week behind on due to leaving town.. and the money I borrowed to go up there!)
About 5 weeks later, I got the call that My Brother died while he was working offshore... and when my Mother heard the news.. she had to be rushed to the ER with chest pains! They said it was a minor heart attack! So we buried him last weekend and now - here I am again in an even worse situation... Grieving... with bill collectors down my throat!
And struggling just to keep the lights on and the necessities taken care of for the kids! I don't like asking for help... but maybe that's what it will take to chase away my Personal little Black Cloud that's been hanging around! Now it's Xmas.. and there aren't any presents under the tree! And I have already talked to the kids about not expecting much! They are great kids! Never hear them complain! Even though I know it has to bother them!!
I have applied for assistance through FEMA and Red Cross... I got the kids "adopted" on a website last Christmas.. which was very nice for that family to do for us!
Thank you for your time reading this.. and Merry Christmas to you all!
~ Anna, Britt & Austin
Current Living Arrangements: Living back in our damaged house, with no heat, since they took our FEMA trailer!

Help: The FEMA payments they gave to everyone else and a trailer until spring. I accepted food and basic household items from a couple of local churches in my area!
Needs:
Foods – canned or boxed foods (ex. hamburger helper, rice, cake mix, mac and cheese, potatoes etc.)
Paper Products – Napkins, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Paper Plates etc.
School Supplies – notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, calculators etc.
Computer Supplies – Paper, Printer, maybe a spare used computer that I could use for my Online Classes coming up!
Cleaning Supplies – All Cleaning Supplies, Dishwashing liquid, Laundry detergent, Sponges etc.
Household Supplies – light bulbs, trash bags, utensils, kitchen supplies (pans, pots, etc.)

Clothing –
Anna (32) <> Pants - Size 9/10 or Medium..<> Shirts - Medium..<> Jacket - Medium..<> Shoes - 7 {My favorite color is White.. and I dress in about the same style as my daughter.. fun and casual.. not very dressy unless it's a special occassion!)

Brittany (14) <> Pants - Size 1/ 2 or Small <> Shirts - Small <> Jacket - Small <> Shoes 6 to 6 1/2 (Britt's favorite color is probably blue. She likes what she calls "PREPPY" stuff {American Eagle & Aeropostale}And LOVES anything to do with music)
Austin (12) <> Pants - Size 14 Husky (Some 16's fit too) <> Shirts - Large/ XL Youth or Adult Small <> Jacket - L/XL Youth or Adult Small <> Shoes - Men's 6 1/2
(Austin's favorite color is Green.. He likes the whole "Skater" look! and he LOVES Video and computer games)

(The kids have to wear uniforms to school - Khaki or Navy Blue Pants, Any Shade of Blue Polo or Button Up Shirts, White, or Gold/ Yellow Shirts.. Black or brown belts, any shoes and any jackets they choose)

Stores you shop at – Old Navy, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Walmart, Best Buy, Fashion Bug, Body Central, Wet Seal,

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home