Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Monday, December 11, 2006

Linda M

Linda M; Zecharia, Zenea, Julion, Jared, Anthony, Aryanna

email: justmeandmykidsnva@yahoo.com or lookinatascreen@aol.com .
Location: Virginia Beach VA

Situation: I am currently staying in VA Beach VA. I moved here from Long Beach MS after Katrina and March of 06 my husband divorced me making it even harder. I am currently staying with my sister in a 3 bedroom house with 6 children. I have not recieved any help from FEMA since Feb and this is why I'm with my sister. I cannot afford rent here, but her husband told me I have to be out by Jan 15.
If someone could please help me with a house ANYWHERE!!! I just dont want to risk losing my kids if he really does kick us out. I have tried to get help from all over up here there is nothing anyone will do. My church helps the little they can but I go to a small church and they do the best they can.
NEEDS:
I would also like help with Christmas for the kids. They arent picky anything will do. They are ages 12 (zechariah) clothes size 20 husky in boys, girl age 9 (Zenea) size 10 in girls, boy age 7 (Julion) size 7 in clothes, boy age 5 (Jared) size 5 in clothes, boy age 2 (Anthony) size 3t in clothes, and a girl age 4 mths (Aryanna)size 6-9 mths in clothes.

ANYTHING would help. But all they ask for is a house everyday. My 5 yr old sees the signs for the lottery and is like mommy when i win a million dollars I'm buying us a house. They tell me everyday they just want thier own house. We share 2 bedrooms between the 7 of us. PLEASE PLEASE someone help them get a house we can call home again. Some days I feel like a failure as a mom because I dont have my own house. I can afford rent not much but I can some. Thank you very much for listening to me

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, I can't be of much help, but to say that here in N.C. the rent is much cheaper than Virginia. You can get a 3 bedroom where I am living for $550. Can you contact the housing authority and see if they can help. If I could help you I would, but am also on this list, in need of help myself.

12/12/2006 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...I have contacted EVERY angecy there is to contact here and there is like there is no help. Its sad really. I just wish I could get back on my feet. And dont worry about not being able to help sometimes the best help is having someone to talk to about it. Where do you live in N.C? I am right at the border. Thanks Linda

12/13/2006 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home