Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

About The Moderator


Condensing 40 years into 1 page is going to be a challenge. If I can do this, I should work for Reader's Digest.

Anyway, I'm 41, divorced, no kids.

Born and raised in NYS (NOT NYC) with a gypsy nature, moving every 14 months since I was 20.

I've worked in construction, healthcare, about 3 different service sectors, management and self-employment.

I have degrees in Paramedic, Health Science and Herbalism.

I prefer reading professional journals and resource type items to fiction or "joy" reading.

I have roots back to the Mayflower and the American Revolution (different sides of the family). I'm a 4th generation (at least 4th) quilter, 3rd Gen volunteer, 3rd Gen entrepreneur (on both sides) and a 5th Gen (at least) gardner.

I've lived in my car and in a 2000 sq foot house and everything in between.

I am a problem solver, a researcher and a networker.

I am also disabled. 5 years ago, I was fighting chronic sinusitis, awaiting surgery, when a virus attacked the nerves in my right ear. I can still hear, but my balance is forever screwed up. Both rehab and experts agree that either my brain will rewire or it won't.

So I live with my parents, unable to support myself financially, or even physically. Daily life is a challenge. I've improved so much, but am still so far from being able to work again. It's frustrating beyond words.

However, even if I can't recover, that doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to. So ever since The Storms of '05, I have worked every day at finding ways to help both individuals and volunteers get the help they need to speed the recovery efforts. I may not be able to come down and get my hands dirty, but I can make it so more people can.

I focused my efforts on Hancock County, MS to begin with, and remain dedicated to their rebuilding. But, as things flow more smoothly for the volunteer groups, I am now focusing my attention on the individuals who have fallen through the cracks of "organized relief".

And that, is it. That's my story.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous sharon said...

I have seen your site it was very good and it is useful to sinusitis problem people like me. So i thank you for giving such a good site like our people who r suffering recently i have seen a site that was good which is providing similar pages

Sinusitis is an inflammation of the mucus membranes or lining of the Para nasal sinuses. Acute sinusitis is common and is often associated with a viral or bacterial nasal infection that spreads to the sinuses. When the sinuses become blocked, they become filled with fluid producing pain and pressure. Other symptoms of sinusitis are fever, fatigue, and postnasal drainage.


sinusitis

3/03/2007 3:07 AM  
Blogger SleepingBeauty said...

I just wanted to let you know that I think what you're doing is great.

I also struggle with a debilitating condition (narcolepsy) and with the aftermath of Katrina through blogging. Check out my blogs when you get a chance.

http://sincekatrina.blogspot.com
http://1third.blogspot.com

4/08/2007 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home