Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Carol + 2

Carol V, Stormy, Harley
12/16/07
Well this is what they came up with today degenerative bone disease, curvature of the spine, hardening of the arteries and high blood pressure. They wanted to keep me in the hospital.
Oh and best of all he says "you no work you no walk."
I barely understood what he was saying the nurse had to translate, she is getting me an appointment with the clinic so I will have a pcp here close to the house not 2 hrs away, which is a good thing.
He basically said change your eating, lose weight or you are gonna die. Just kick me when I am already down.
The bone disease is in every bone I could not believe it.
They did a very thorough work up though which was a good thing I guess.
So I guess it was a good thing I started the ball rolling to apply for the disability. I guess as they say, this too shall pass.

12/8/07
Well We got quite a suprise this morning; a brand new water heater that works and does not leak so our water and elec bill should go down. My cousin Nolan brought it over and installed it and built a shed around it so it is protected. Lightning took out the old one.

Becky and baby Eden are home now. They are doing well.

Stormy and Harley are getting excited waiting on Santa. Before long they will be out of school for Christmas holidays.

My Dr appointment has been rescheduled for the end of Jan. there is no telling when i will get my knee fixed. I need to stay positive and not give up.

10/17/07
I have been side lined, my knee is going to require surgery to get better I am on the waiting list. I nor my Dr have any idea how long a wait it will be. So I am stuck waiting.

Do you have a really simple quilt pattern you could copy and send me I want to make Beckys baby a quilt. The baby is a girl. Which is just what she wanted. I sent her a baby block pattern with some fabric as well.

I am trying to make some outfits to sell on ebay so I can make some money for us to live on.

6/21 WOW
I am good and I have a surprise, I passed the GED, I diddn't want to say anything until I was sure but the paper came in the mail at my Uncle's and I had him open it and read it to me I passed Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! When I scheduled to take it I thought I wouldn't pass but it would let me know where I stood, well I fooled myself I passed. Thanks again for everything it is all very much appreciated, the Iron works fine.

6/14 Carol trying Avon...
http://www.youravon.com/cvoisin
Please use her as your contact and letting your friends know

5/29 Hey gang - Leslie here. Carol is moving closer to 2 of her daughters and has a job waiting for her! She's moving from upstate MS to LA somewhere and needs help. She needs GOOD shoes and scrubs to work in. She's getting training for CNA to work in a nursing home. She'll be living with a friend until about Christmas and then is hoping to have a place of her own.
Please contact Carol or me to assist her. Thanks!
L


Email: carolv70726 @ yahoo.com
Location: Life was devastated by hurricane Katrina. I rented a home, but then the landlord sold the land that was left after the storm, and I can't afford anything else. Am living with friends in AZ with my 2 grandchildren.
Number in House: 6 - myself, my granddaughter Stormy, my grandson Harley and my 3 dogs Stormy this year.

Situation: My life since the hurricane has been horrible. We lost our home we were renting - it was smashed and the guy sold the land and I cant afford the rent they are charging now. Then we were at my cousins in MS, with my aunt and uncle in Denham but they were too sick for the kids to stay there. From relative to relative during the summer so we ended up at a friend's in AZ. It is me and my grandkids ages 9 and 8. I have had them for years and before I could handle it. Now I'm not so sure. At home I was able to babysit make some extra money, but now I don't have that ability. I'm sure they miss all of their stuff but I have been able to keep everybody together and that is what counts.

Current Living Arrangement: With friends in AZ. Not sure where I'll be in a year.
Help: Initial FEMA and then denied. Nothing more.
Harley
Needs:
Food and shots for the dogs.

Clothes for the kids:
What I really need is clothes for the kids girls size 8 boys size 6 underwear socks for shoe size 2. they picked now to grow Harley has been a size 4 for 2 years now he is a 6.
Stormy Spencer Girl Size 7/8 age 9 - Size 8 underwear, all clothes.
Harley Spencer Boy Size 6 age 8

Stormy on Right, Harley on Left
Carol's latest Grandchild - Noah
4/13
Franklinton is perfect, it is 30 minutes from the place I found for rent I have a friend Cathy who I helped out like 6 years ago when she lost her job as an apartment manager they sold the apartments and gave her 7 days to get out anyway she emailed to see how everything was going I told her and she suggested that we come and stay with her until the 2br her landlord is working on gets ready I am not going to move the kids again this year until school is out. The rent on the 2br is 250.00 and the deposit is 250.00 and I will have to have util deposits and stuff but I think I can do it, it wont be ready till the middle of June first of July so I will have to help cathy with her rent in June, cathy says there is a sonic right down the road she lives in spring creek which is close to Kentwood. she works 10-6 days and I can work 2 jobs just till I get us in the trailer my daughter Becky lives 20 minutes from Franklinton. It is 45 minutes from Betty Jo and Cherie and about an hour from Angel.

They said at least 45 months for the grant Uncle Dennis might not even be here then. I dont know what to do it doesnt seem to bother him to live like this I guess he is used to it. (USDA rural home improvement grant. 45 months?!)

Harley needs a pair of size 6 navy blue cant have big pockets or nothing on them used is fine we only have like 6 weeks left.

3/24 The job hunting or lack of jobs to hunt for is doing me in. I cant stand on my feet for a long time so fast food is out or waitress so there is not much to choose from I check every day but so far nothing. I made 20.00 babysitting last week so maybe there is hope. I just have to keep looking something is going to come my way I just know it!
2/20 Carol has been learning plumbing - latest re: that adventure:
Oh dont worry I just about wore them out with questions I started out changing the bathtub faucets did no good, then I changed the sink faucets did no good then wonder of wonders I found a cut off valve turned it on and hurray water in the sink I had to fix a leak to be able to leave the water on to the sink but that is done now. Baby steps but it is comming along I changed the place where I was buying things because the one place diddnt want to help at all just sell stuff but the guy at the lumber yard hardware store in Shelby is a great guy and he doesnt mind giving advice. I need one of those hook ups for putting water in a waterbed that would hook up to the sink and then I could hook the water hose up to that and just run the water from the kitchen. I can take a bath now though and that is all that matters.

1/30
Hi ! I have my cousins computer on loan for a week while she is out of town. Her son is in the military and he is graduating from basic training. So I can stay in touch for a few days anyway, even though my computer died. I dont want to move again. I know it is bad but my Uncle really needs me no one should have to live like this and I am determined to make it better. They gave him the wrong USDA Grant application and he couldn't see well enough to even know it so I am going to call the 800# and ask them to send the correct application for the grant - not a loan. He can't afford a loan. He gets less than $1000 a month and with normal bills, he has hardly anything left. I know it's not a palace, but he opened his home to us when no one else would and that means a lot so I am going to help him make it better.
(The job promised her fell through. Her car died, so she can't go looking for another job just yet)

1/14 - Carol et al, arrived safely in MS! She's exhausted, but thrilled to be back.

1/7/07 There are no stores in Round Lake, in Clarksdale there is a walmart, a dollar general, a family dollar, a kroger, and a super saver. Not much to choose from.
I am going to need
1. a set of pots
2. a set of dishes
I will have to wait till we get there to see what else we will need, my cousin went over and checked out the house yesterday, she said bring cleaning stuff ....... LOL


12/30/06
The computer was fixed, died again, was fixed again, but is getting ready to really give up the ghost. I'll need a new one as soon as I get back into MS - which is scary and exciting at the same time.
Harley and Stormy will need uniforms for their new school, so if someone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Harley is a 6, Stormy is an 8 in shorts and skorts and skirts with elastic in the waist and a 9 or 10 in pants. Shirts I think are Red, Harley would be a size 6/7 stormy and 8 or 10.
12/13
My computer died so I can only check my email maybe twice a week. I am at my wits end. I dont know how much more I can take.
12/4
It is the one thing I know how to do real well, take care of people, there is an elderly couple that live about a mile from my uncle, so I can walk to work, and they desperately need someone to cook, clean, run errands etc... does not pay a whole lot but it's better than nothing at all. I took care of my Mom and Dad before they passed away and Im really good at it. My uncle says I have a caring heart and that is what they need. I wish now I had stayed in school instead of getting married so young, but you cant go back just forward. I am determined to make something good come of all this mess, my momma used to say when god gives you lemons you make lemonade. Well I have enough lemons to make lots of lemonade..... I am learning how to use the software so if need be I can find a job doing something else. I so appreciate you helping me I feel like if I can learn to use the software I will have a safety net in place.
11/28
We could really use prepaid gas cards, walmart cards or mcdonalds gift certifcates so that we can have gas and can eat on the way home in Jan.
11/25 Update We are definitely going to my uncles we will be leaving here on Jan 10th and I will go to work the following monday I am so excited, I just have to find a way to pay for the gas. 11/25
Ok here is our update we are still in Arizona for now , I have not found a job and my friends are getting tired of their house guests. My Uncle has offered for us to come stay with him in Round Lake MS it is up north about an hour and a half from Memphis I do have a job prospect if I go there,and rent is very reasonable, so I will be able to get on my feet, not sure how we will get there, but if I have no job prospects by the first of the year here, we are going to have to go. As for a christmas list, just warm clothes girls size 10 shirts size 8 pants & Barbie doll clothes. Boys size 5/6 shirts and pants & Hot wheel cars.
Thanks
Carol
11/14 Updated
Just a quick note to let you know we are still here. We are hanging in. It is actually getting chilly here now. I really need some little light jackets for the kids, I was thinking they might not even need them but I was wrong. Still no job yet but I am still trying. I find that as the holidays get closer I am getting more and more depressed it is getting to be a real struggle just to get out of bed and function as a normal person, I hate this, I want life to be normal again, well at least my idea of normal anyway.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, This is Marlene (nwkathelp). The lady who has things to send you has been trying to call you. She says she left a message and you never called her back. If you will email me, I will give you her phone number. Thank you!

4/01/2007 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home